I strongly believe my life has improved significantly since the whole smoothie bowl trend took off. Sadly, some smoothie bowl shops can be misleading with their health claims hyping the benefits of antioxidants and ignoring the fact that they add unnecessary sugar. For that reason and also to save some serious cash, I prefer to make my smoothie bowls at home so I know exactly what's in them and the benefits that my bod will love!
Gorgeous and green was the inspiration for this bowl, making it a quintessential way to start your day. It's packed with whole plant-foods and is a satisfying balance of carbs, healthy fats, and protein–plus there's no sugar added!
- One handful of curly kale
- 1/4- 1/2 cup of liquid (I used Pressed Juicery Citrus 2)
- 1 tablespoon Green Dream Philosophie Protein Powder (it contains hemp seeds, spirulina, and more!)
-1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen green squash/zucchini
-1/4 cup mango
- Desired toppings (I choose blackberries, blueberries, goji berries, mulberries, and trader joe's ancient grain & super seed blend)
- First, blend the kale, protein powder, and some of the liquid in a high-speed blender until fully pulverized. Doing this will ensure no large chunks of kale in the final product.
- Next, add in all the frozen ingredients–banana, zucchini, and mango. Blend at moderate to high speeds until fully incorporated and smooth. You may need to use a tamper (if using Vitamix) and/or add more liquid to get the right consistency
-Once blended to desired state, transfer to a bowl and get topping!
It turns out to be a super green and dreamy way to start the day, and I especially love how easy it makes it to get in fruits, veggies, and an added boost of plant protein!
If you make this recipe, be sure to post and tag me on Instagram @seededsoul!
(P.S. This recipe is archived on my Insta stories if you're looking for a more visual step-by-step guide!)